Michele Kearney's Nuclear Wire

Major Energy and Environmental News and Commentary affecting the Nuclear Industry.

Friday, March 8, 2013

ANS Update: A Tour of EBR-I: Birthplace of Nuclear Energy

A Tour of EBR-I: Birthplace of Nuclear Energy

By pbowersox on Mar 08, 2013 08:45 am

Don Miley, Tour Guide at Idaho National Laboratory, takes viewers on a trip to the Experimental Breeder Reactor I (EBR-I).  In 1951, the first electricity from nuclear power was generated at EBR-I – using a reactor which actually bred more … Continue reading
Read in browser »
share on Twitter Like A Tour of EBR-I: Birthplace of Nuclear Energy on Facebook

More to read:

Fukushima Two Years Later
A saga on nuclear fusion from an eyewitness
Talking about nuclear energy at Hunt’s barbershop
Carnival of Nuclear Energy 146
On federal investment in Small Modular Reactor techn

No comments:

Post a Comment